Saturday, November 14, 2009

My son came home and it's Christmas tomorrow!

I have neglected my blog this week, I was on such a roll at first and the momentum has slowed I fear. I shall attempt a renewed interest. To be honest, and I have to be honest, because if we aren't honest we're fools, I have been fighting a lot of negative emotions. I felt better towards the end of the week but I didn't feel like posting about my being a downer! I had a great day on Friday hiking to the Tao house (Eugene O'Neil's) and touring, learning and doing something different. Ben (hubby) and I had a picnic overlooking the meadow amongst the cows grazing it was quite idyllic. Then our long lost son Alex came home from college with 6 friends and boy did my spirits lift! He's so full of life and his friends are all wonderfully polite and mature so it's a pleasure to have them. I made a HUGE (3 bags) pot of pasta and salad, bread, the works and they loved it, they are all sick of the cafeteria food (who can blame them?). Then today (sat) Ben made pancakes for them and they went to the city to run around and goof off. I went to some garage sales, and scored at the thrift shop in Dublin where sweet Robin works. I went for a run and I tagged all my stuff for the Christmas boutique tomorrow at Judy Maher's house. For any who wants to go it's at 242 Las Quebradas in Alamo from 12-5. Lotsa food and friends, fun and things to buy. I am selling Joy Jars, pet portraits and miscellaneous christmas stuff. I made my world famous sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles.....ummmmm. They really are good. I can just eat them all day long but they have 3 cubes of butter in the batch and that means they are uber fattening. That's why they are so darn good!! So that's all for this hip chick, hang in there with me and I promise I will be there for you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl. We who have children that go off into the sunset understand the syndrome. You just have to filled the void with others things ..., like SHOPPING and LUNCHES WITH FRIENDS and making WONDERFUL SUGAR COOKIES (just don't eat too many of them yourself.)
    You will be fine!!

    ReplyDelete