Sunday, November 22, 2009

Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie

I saw this recipe in the Food and Wine section of the paper and thought it sounded good. Well let me tell you it was!! DELICIOUS! I will make it again and again and it's light, easy and oh so tasty. I still have one piece left and I think I'll go eat it right now........
Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie
  • 2 cups peeled cooked sweet potatoes
  • 1 ¼ cups sugar divided
  • ½ stick butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon each ground ginger and ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup milk
  • 9 inch pie crust
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1. Preheat the oven to 350
  • 2. Using electric mixer, mix potatoes and 1 cup sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, salt and spices. Add milk and continue to mix.
  • 3. Pour filling into pie crust and bake for 35 to 45 mins. Or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature before covering with meringue.
  • Meringue
  • Beat 3 egg whites until soft peaks form and add remaining ¼ cup sugar 1 teaspoon at a time. When mixture is glossy and stiff spoon meringue onto pie and bake additional 10 mins. or until topping is browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment