Monday, April 5, 2010

Abby's birthday, fun customers and random pics



Last week was a big week in our household, we have our anniversary, my birthday and Abby's birthday all within days of each other. I showed all the gluttony of my birthday and our anniversary so now it's time to show some of Abby's celebration. My sweet daughter Abby turned 14 on April 2nd and she got 'kidnapped' by her friends at 7am and taken to breakfast. (This is a new 'norm' for teens) Then she went to school and came home with many cakes from all her friends, she went to see the new Miley Cyrus movie "The Last Song" and then Ben and I took her out to her favorite Thai restaurant for dinner. She opened pressies and got plenty of goodies. The next day was her birthday party, she wanted to go to Great America and she invited 3 friends and they rode on rides all day. Not my idea of fun but they all had a blast, Kendyl, Marina and Ashly all came over after and had cake and ice cream, they went to the hot tub (a birthday tradition) and had a sleepover. So Abby had quite a celebration herself!

Saturday at the store was quiet til about 3:00 and then Megan Freedman walks in with her bright clothes and smile and lit up the place. I grabbed my camera of course and took some pics, she matched the store so well and she purchased a wall sconce that fit perfectly with her dark corner. Yipee! Just before closing, in walked a fun family who was attending a nearby wedding and Lucy found some bling to compliment her outfit. Lucy, Patrick and Marty hammed it up for the camera before heading back to enjoy their festivities.

Easter was a wash of a day as it was raining all day, and Ben had to go on a trip. Abby and I just hung out and I finished two more pet portraits for Cathy DuPuis. I have done 5 in all as she has commissioned me to do her whole pet family. I am pleased to be able to paint her 'children' for her, I love painting people's animals as they are so much a part of our families. Now I am going to build a series for open studios, I might do some more trucks, or countryside paintings, along with some giant flowers. I know one thing, I will be busy creating as that is what this hip chick likes best!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment