Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bottle brush Christmas trees-Past Due Tuesday


Bottle brush Christmas trees are hugely popular and easy to make.  I decided to learn about them as my topic for Past Due Tuesday unfortunately I didn't come up with much on the origin of these decorative  beauties.  I did however find out how to make them myself and I like that even more!!! The attached link shows a fun loving guy making these trees and they couldn't be easier.  Just run off to Michael's and buy their ready made trees, dip them in a bowl of bleach, if you want a fun color you probably add food coloring I'm guessing and then let it dry.  When it's dry take glue and spread it on the edges and add glitter and then embellish with balls and garland.  What fun, I can hardly wait to do one myself.  Hope you all try it too, let me know if you have ever done this or if you do ok???





http://a-magical-christmas.com/christmas-crafts/christmas-crafts-videos/trackback/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the information and link to the video. I remember these from when I was a child - I didn't know these were available at Michaels now! Guess I'll be stopping there tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great idea! Love the video as it really shows just how to do it, and we're with the instructor when he states "It's not finished 'til it glitters!". Thanks for sharing in PDT!

    ReplyDelete