Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hip Chick Birthday Extravaganza



Wow, what a birthday! If you can't stand to read about how spoiled I am then read no further...if you can stomach it, read on, don't say I didn't warn you though. Ok so today was my birthday and for those of you who know me you know I love to make a fuss, have a lot of fun and be the center of attention...(humbleness isn't really my strong suit). My day started wonderfully with breakfast in bed made by my doting husband, a mushroom-sun dried tomato-mozzarella omelet with some yummy fruit and coffee of course...I was lucky enough to open one of my birthday presents which was a macro lens and a wide angle lens. I am SO into photography as you may have noticed, documenting everything I do ad nausem, so this was a total score of a present! I got dressed and was picked up by Sandi the gorgeous, in her finery, (jazzy skirt, bonnet, bling etc..) and away we went to see what trouble we could find in Santa Cruz. The only glitch of the day was when her engine light came on, de-railing us temporarily while she called her mechanic who assured us it was ok to drive. Phew! The weather cooperated too, the skies were clear and the sun was out so I was relieved. We thrift shopped til the cows came home (odd expression actually) and I have fabulous frocks for the spring weather and for hip chick's new 'vintage' rack of clothing. All that shopping made us hungry so I took Sandi to Aldo's for her first time...many, many years ago I waitress ed there, back in the olden times of 1988 or so..I had my usual fish sandwich and Sandi splurged on the fisherman's platter...well stuffed, we rolled on outta there and searched for flowers to photograph. I needed to try out my new birthday lens' after all. We found some wisteria and playfully photographed the foliage, I switched lenses and shot the beach getting full use of my new equipment. After all the hoo-ha we came back to town and my family took over the celebrations.

Only seconds after being home there was a doorbell ditch splatter from non other than Sandi! Geez how did she manage it, there were PILES of goodies! The splatter included art pencils, a Frida book, movie passes, body art and I'll just stop at that before you puke from all the decadence. Sandi isn't known for doing things subtly. As I recovered from the splatter, my daughter Abby made me a wonderful collage of pictures and mom 'sayings' such as "Don't cha just love it" , "woo-hoo it's part-tay time", and the like. A precious keepsake, and my son Alex also made me a Bass lake collage which is hanging in my bathroom, the creativity abounds in this family....I also want to thank everyone who wished me a happy birthday on face book, I felt so loved and I really appreciate how it keeps us all connected...

For dinner my husband presented me with a gourmet feast of Alaskan king crab legs, wild rice and asparagus. I know you are barfing by now from the gluttony, I don't blame you....this was alongside more presents, the best being "TICKETS TO TOM PETTY" my idol of all time, June 5th. After all this, I blew out the candle on my cupcake and thanked God for all my blessings. It was an over the top celebration of love. I know how fortunate I am, I try not to take it for granted, and I channel the good to inspire me. My wish is that this goodness spreads, that I can reflect the love and generosity I receive, back. All the people and energy I receive love from, are all part of hip chick's story. I love to share this happiness through blogging, it's like a living journal of my journey. So I'd like to thank each one of you who have supported me, loved me, and helped me. It's because of you that I am so blessed. My birthday is just the icing on the cake...

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this wonderful birthday story!! I felt like I was along for the fun. Happy Birthday, Hip Chick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS! i MEAN, "splat"

    ReplyDelete