Monday, March 29, 2010

The Thrift Station



I volunteer at the Thrift Station in Danville, I work two days a month, 4 hour shifts.  I love it.  This place is the best place to shop in town, I can't believe the things I find here.  The donations are astonishing, we get labeled clothes, vintage antiques, great jewerly and so much more all for pennies compared to retail.  We are all volunteers and all ages, it's amazing how many people run this organization.  I have been there for two years maybe three, and I help out in fashion shows by modeling (it's a tough job and someone has to do it!).  I also help by spending wads of money everytime I go there, today for example I spent $20.00 and got a variety of items.  A parasol, vintage games, a sweater, a candy dish, a journal, yatta yatta.  I go to the station routinely as do MANY of our regulars, why? because we know we will find treasure.  It's a gold mine.  All of the proceeds go to the Discovery Counseling Center who help teens and families in crisis.  We make MILLIONS through donations and customer support.  It's mind boggling.  I'm just glad I get to work with such fun gals, Cheery and I work on Mondays and Jeannie and I work the Tuesday shift.  We greet everyone and ring em' up, stock merchandise, try on clothes and gab with our fellow shoppers.   Sometimes we break for a soda and some chips, they feed us well too....So in case this is news to you get on down to the station before I buy everything first!  You won't leave empty handed....
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post, Carrie!! It is great to know about this place, and I just found out about it! I can't wait to go there!!

    ReplyDelete