Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 4 "What are you grateful for?"

There is a similarity to the topics for the 101 questions, and so as not to keep repeating the obvious I will expand upon other things then my family and my children.  These are a given.  I am very grateful for life.  To be alive.  To be healthy for sure.  I never take this gift for granted.  It's so precious.  It can change in an instant, as I have seen with many people I care about and I always count my blessings that so far I have been able to sustain good overall health.
I am in a hotel at the moment and it's 2 Am and I can't sleep.  I am not grateful for this.  I have issues with sleep and it's not easy for me.  This is something I have struggled with all my life.  I just have to accept it.  I decided to get up and write this post.  My family is sleeping, they are getting up at 6 am to go try and get in the movie "Maverick's" here in Santa Cruz.  We spontaneously came to Santa Cruz and we are at the new Fairfield Marriott on 41st Ave.  I am impressed with the hotel.  I am grateful for the Marriott and how my husband gets points so we can stay for free.  This saves us a lot of money and I am most grateful for that.
I am also most grateful for my facebook friends.  I get so much inspiration and support from so many talented women I wouldn't even know if it weren't for this.  I love how facebook connects us and is so easy and free.  Next week I will be meeting some of the art friends in person and this is so exciting.  I am going to my first art retreat called "Spark" in Salt Lake City, Utah.  I am grateful to be able to do this...
I am grateful to be able to afford to do things like this as a special treat, and I want to make it a yearly goal to do a art retreat.  This is important on many levels, mostly personal growth but also good for my business.  I get to meet other artists and make art, what could be better??  I can't believe this time next week I will be there.  Hopefully I will be sleeping, unlike now. haha.  I could go on and on about things I am grateful for but that's not the point.  The point is to share, to think of things that are important.  If you are reading this I hope you know I am grateful for you.  You took time to read my blog.  For that I am very grateful.  You could be doing a million other things...so lastly I will say I am grateful for my wacky spirit.  I am glad I don't mind expressing myself and that I feel free to just be me.  That's hard for many people and I am glad that comes easily for me.  The older I get the more free.  I can't imagine what  that looks like down the road.....probably something like this...
but then I am always drawn to the quirky, the ones who are colorful and fun.  Love to hear from you and if you are writing about the questions....thanks for reading my blog....off to try sleeping again....wish me luck.





No comments:

Post a Comment